This was my play on pulled pork and al pastor.
What youll need:
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Guajillo chilies (dried)
Apple cider vinegar
Al Pastor marinade:
(Let the Guajillo chilies steep in hot water for about 10 minutes until they’re tender before you blend)
– Combine onion, peppers, pineapple, vinegar, garlic, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in blender. Blend until it forms a paste.
– Set aside extra marinade. You’ll need this to finish the dish.
Prepping the roast:
– Rub pork roast with marinade
– If possible, let marinade over night
– Preheat oven to 325
– In a roasting pan or dutch oven, place roast in middle of pan. Cover while cooking.
– Add extra marinade until it covers the bottom of the pan along with a cup of water (will prevent it from sticking and give extra moisture while cooking
– Bake until fork tender and you can shred (here I used a 3 lb roast and cooked for approx. 3 hours)
Finishing the dish:
– Add shredded meat in separate frying pan
– Cook on high heat so it crisps the meat and add additional marinade to taste
– Chef Toast!