Super easy way to enjoy meatballs!
What you’ll need
Breadcrumbs (I used almond meal)
salt, pepper, italian seasoning
Can of crushed tomatoes
Can of diced tomatoes
Prepping the meatballs:
– In a blender or food processor combine the onion, garlic, and parsley. Dont use all of it, you’ll need some for the super easy marinara sauce. Blend until its a paste.
– combine onion, garlic, parsley mixture with ground beef
– add egg and breadcrumbs
– season with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning
– mix until everything is combined
* to check the seasoning, cook a small piece of meat before you go ahead and shape the meatballs. Add whatever you feel is missing. No sense in making all these meatballs and the seasoning is off!
– form into meatballs. I made mine about 1/4 cup size.
– sear meatballs in a hot pan (use the same pan you plan on making your sauce in) with olive oil
– set aside on a cooking sheet
– bake meatballs at 350 for approx. 45 min (I had about 4 lbs of meat)
– Using the same pan, add the onion, garlic, and parsley mixture and sautee
– add crushed and diced tomatoes
– season with salt, pepper, italian seasoning. For a little kick you might want to add crushed red pepper
– let sauce cook on low for the duration that the meatballs do
When both are done, add meatballs back into the sauce and let simmer for another 10 mintues before you enjoy!
I made mine with a spinach ragu (sautee spinach and add marinara sauce to finish) but you can enjoy with whatever you want!
– Chef Toast!!